The government is encouraging people to link their Aadhar card with their bank accounts as soon as possible. The Indian Government is slowly and steadily making submission of Aadhar card compulsory for varied reasons. Primary reason for doing so is to make sure that people get subsidies and other benefits of government related schemes. Moreover, linking Aadhar card with the bank account can help the government to identify people who are in need of subsidies and welfare payments.
Now, when we know that linking process is compulsory and essential, it’s also vital to see the registering process for the same. Today in the tutorial we’ll be discussing the offline and online procedure for linking Aadhar card to your bank account.
The next rising question in your mind would be “whether it will work for your bank?”. No matter if your bank is Punjab national bank, State bank of India, HDFC, ICICI, Canara, Oriental bank of commerce or Axis bank, this procedure is applicable to all the banks.
• Please note: the online procedure will be applicable if you have registered for internet banking for your account.
• Login to your bank account through internet banking services.
• As you enter the online account, search for the link that says “update Aadhar card details or Aadhar card seeding”.
• Click on the link for further procedure
• Enter the respective information. After entering the details verify the details again.
• Click on the submit button.
• Now the information will be saved in the bank database. As soon as the bank officials will verify the details, you’ll get an email or sms confirming the linking process.
• Get an Aadhar card linking form from the net.
• Take out a print out, fill in the information.
• Enter your Account number, IFSC code, address, etc.
• Please enter your Aadhar number carefully
• Attach a photocopy of eaadhar card
• Submit the form enclosed with your original Aadhar card. As the official verifies the details, you’ll be given your original documents back.
• You’ll receive a notification regarding bank account and benefits of Aadhar card that is linked to your account now.
This was the simplest and easiest way to link your Aadhar card with your bank account in one go. Definitely, an online procedure is much safer and easier, however, people who don’t have the facility of internet banking can go to the nearest branch available. We have explained you all the possible procedures available if you still feel a little confused. Please feel to write your comments below. We’ll answer them as soon as possible. Thank you!